Tuesday 21 October 2014

LIZ FOWLER

portrait illustrator

About me...

For over 20 years I have worked as a graphic designer. My passion has always been in fine art after studying a Foundation Course in the late 80's...ouch!

Full time work & raising 2 children have occupied my time & energy over the years.
But then this Summer I picked up the pencils & brushes whilst doodling with my girls & can't stop!

By creeping up with the camera on Annie & Judy, I've captured them in their typical, relaxed poses, rather than looking straight into the camera.

My style is loose & sketchy, not over labouring the image with just enough detail to recognise the subject. I use water colour pencils along with a touch of water colour. 


Annie


Annie


Judy

Judy's 1st day at school

Judy

Judy & Luella

Portrait for Alison McDade

Amelie

Annie & Judy

Sophia

Luella



Quick sketch of Annie
Annie in acrylics

Flowers in acrylics
Judy
Judy & Robin the Cat
Emily

Scout the dog!
Stanley in his festive jumper!

Annie in oil

6 comments: